Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tips for speedy hair growth......



So, you either did the big BC or have been in transition for a while (6-8months) and you are wondering why your hair haven't grown any more than maybe 3-4 inches. I've been there. If you have been following me, you know that I did the BC for the second time this Feb. Since then, Ive gone from literally having my head shaved like a man, where you could see scalp, to 3 1/2 inches plus of growth in 6-8 weeks. This isn't the first time this has been done. The first time I BC'ed back in 2007, I shaved my head down like a man, my profile pic was 5 months later, and this picture was a year later after one of my infamous flat iron's. In a year I had gone from a totally shaved hair cut to a head full of hair. I am here to tell you, it is possible if you follow some tried and true tips.

1. Co-wash your hair at least weekly. I co-washed twice a week, but thats not really necessary. Once a week will work. One week I co-wash with Queen Natural Beauty I love Honey Conditioner and the next week I conditioned with Queen Natural Beauty Protein Conditioner.
You do not have to use my products!!! You can use any moisturizing conditioner you choose week one and any protein conditioner you choose week two. Alternating treatments weekly!

2. Moisturized your hair daily with an oil that will not clog pores and smother the scalp. I use my own Queen Natural Beauty Almond Growth oil, which is a mixture of 5 different oils. Whatever you use, make sure that it is petroleum and mineral oil free!

3. Use protective styles when possible! Braids, Kinky twists, tree braids, two strands, anything that will keep you out of your head for any period of time!

4. This should go without saying, but, use NO chemicals! No relaxer, no texturizer,no "chemical free" straighteners ( I believe thats bogus!)

5. Lastly, stay away from the heat!!!!! No flat irons, which was hard for me at one point but remember, losing my curl pattern is why I'm starting this process all over again! If you choose to do a blow out, use the blow dryer on LOW heat setting!!! It takes longer, but your hair will thank you!

That't it! 5 simple steps that will not only stimulate growth but will help retain length!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home