Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Atlanta area designer













As you all already know, I generally target articles toward natural hair care and skin care but when I see a woman or man of color really "doing it", I have got to highlight them!!!!!
I figure if you can do this to your own home, imagine what you can do with mine. Whenever I need a designer, she will definitely be the one I call!


Interior designer Eddie Ammonds of Jackson Charles Design Studio says the design objective for her 6,500 square-foot, six-bedroom home was to create spaces that are comfortable for a family and can entertain and stimulate people to indulge in conversation.
Ammonds says her gated subdivision is comprised of 14 luxury homes. Her neighbors are pro athletes, celebrity managers and entrepreneurs. Her six-bedroom, 5 1/2-bath home is set on one acre and was custom built by John Willis.
"I never had a [true] loft when I lived in Brooklyn, so I had brick installed all up the wall [in the living room] so I could feel like I am in New York when I'm in this room," explains Ammonds. "The builder thought I was crazy but he did it. Then he took out bookshelves and made the nooks." The living room features suede couches from Cantoni, a goat hair rug, Random lights from DWR (Design Within Reach) and custom curtains by John Ishmael of I. Design & Workroom.

Read more here http://projects.ajchomefinder.com/gallery/view/homes/private-quarters/classic/pq-ammonds-1104/

Thanks to AJC.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home