Monday, July 5, 2010

Tips for trimming natural hair

There are several ways to trim natural hair, one being the straightening method. You can blow out or flat iron your hair and then trim the ends. This is my least favorite because I don't like to apply heat to my hair at this point. But, some prefer this method.

My personal favorite is the twist method. Shampoo or co-wash hair and do individual twists all until all hair is twisted. Allow the hair to completely dry and snip the ends. I think its best if you hold the scissors at an angle and snip. This is by far the easiest method that I've discovered for naturally curly chica's who don't want to apply heat.

You should experiment with trimming techniques and decide what works best for you.

Have you started trimming your natural ends? If so, what are your favorite methods for trimming your naturally curly mane?

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At July 5, 2010 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Relentless Heart said...

I'm thinking of doing this before I untwist my hair for a twist out. Is this a good time to do it? I'm really trying to eliminate some of this frizz it's getting really annoying!!! Any frizz taming tips are appreciated!!!

 
At July 5, 2010 at 10:45 AM , Blogger Queen said...

I've never tried it as I'm doing the twist-out style! : ) Its worth a try. The only problem may be lose ends falling as you are twisting out, but other than that, it should be ok!

 
At July 5, 2010 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Relentless Heart said...

Cool thanks! If I decide to trim, I will let you know how it turns out...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home